GoPro Hero 5 VS OLFI One.Five
Earlier this year I was fortunate and blessed to be sponsored by Olfi Camera. Olfi are the manufacturers of the ‘one.five’ 4K action camera based in Wales, UK.
Initially the directors of the company were intrigued to know how a Brighton based blogger would use this camera for his Vlogs, Interviews and photography – but soon after the camera had arrived they were to see the visual content I had captured, and continue to capture. Many of my images and filmed content taken on the Olfi One.Five has been used and shared by companies and brands including Visit Spain, Visit Brighton, Pirates Holiday, Segway, London Fashion Week 2017, Brighton Tattoo Convention 2017 and lots more. I have and continue to use the Olfi One.Five on many of my Vlogs, Instagram stories, photography and interviews whilst also using the GoPro hero 5 black.
Both the Olfi One.Five and the Gopro Hero 5 are primarily used to capture different angles when I am filming, also the other can be used as a back-up if anything was to happen.
As I use both cameras for my blog and social media sites, I felt the need to write a review comparing the two devices.
GoPro Hero 5 Black
- Voice Control – Use simple voice commands to control your GoPro
- 2-Inch Touch Display – Preview and playback your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro
- Rugged + Waterproof – Durable by design, HERO5 Black is waterproof to 10m without a housing
- Simple One-Button Control – A single press of the shutter button powers the camera on and starts recording automatically
- Advanced Video Stabilization – HERO5 Black can capture stunningly smooth video handheld, mounted to your favourite gear, and more
- Access + share from anywhere – With a GoPro Plus subscription, HERO5 Black can automatically upload photos and videos directly to the cloud for easy viewing, editing and sharing on the go.
- 4K Video / 12mp Photo – Stunning 4K video and 12MP photos. In Single, Burst, and Time Lapse modes
- Exposure Control – Fine-tune exposure settings with simple on-screen Exposure Control
- Display – Rear full colour live preview LCD screen. Full user interface, playback, live view, settings and more.
- Lens SONY -Back-Illuminated Sony Exmor-R CMOS Sensor.
- Waterproof Up to 30 metres with included waterproof housing.
- 4K Video / 16mp Photo – Stunning 4K video and 16MP photos. In Single, Burst, and Time Lapse modes
- Night Photo – Lets more light in to the sensor over a specific time period. Great for night sky, streaky lights and night time lapses.
- Stabalisation – GYRO Image stabilisation – reduces shake and makes for clearer images.
- Audio – Yes with sensitivity adjustment. Try using the waterproof housing to reduce wind noise or use the included frame housing to capture clear dialogue.
- Underwater mode – Option to automatically compensates for loss of red light (colour) when diving or snorkelling.
- Remote – Yes.
- Waterproof – Up to 30 metres with included waterproof housing.
- Exposure Control – Fine-tune exposure settings with Exposure Control.
Firstly, it is important I state that I love both of these cameras. I have familiarised myself with each of their features and I can easily access these features.
In my opinion, I believe that the market leading action camera GoPro Hero 5, offers the added extra voice control and touch screen compared to the OLFI One.Five. Although,I feel I do not use these features on the GoPro as both cameras have 2 manual buttons which is much easier to use, especially when you have minimal time to set up and start filming or shooting a photo. Personally, I do feel when using the GoPro hero 5 voice control option, you can be repeating ‘GoPro Take Photo’ a number of times. –which sometimes can be embarrassing.
Overall the Olfi One.Five gives equivalent video quality and photo quality to the GoPro Hero 5-. An added plus to the Olfi One.Five is that the camera is compatible with all the GoPro accessories. For example, the harness, head band, selfie sticks etc.
Another added bonus to the Olfi One.Five which makes their product unique to other brands on the market is that not only do they offer a remote selfie stick similar to a gimbal, BUT they also retail the remote and strap which is like a remote control watch to help capture great content with ease and convenience to yourself. (plus it looks really slick.)
If I had to recommend one of these cameras to someone, I would say either of the two cameras would be perfect, depending on how much you are willing to spend. This is where you make your decision on choosing the right 4k action camera for yourself.
Now here is where your decision on choosing the right action camera is highly influenced.
The Price for the:
GoPro Hero 5 £320 – £349
OLFI One.Five £149
The price seriously makes a big difference when choosing the right camera. Although there is a significant price difference, overall there is less of a difference between the two cameras. The price certainly does not affect the quality of the Olfi One.Five nor the design of the camera compared to the GoPro Hero 5.
The Olfi One.Five has quickly revolutionised its way of being a versatile 4k camera, unlike other action cameras which markets their product specifically for sports activities and sports enthusiasts, this particular camera has successfully proven that it can be effective for bloggers, photographers and videographers too.
To purchase an Olfi One.Five Camera please follow the link below.